Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Medical Advisor to help us improve our period and ovulation prediction AI algorithm.
Women all around the globe need access to cheap and easy-to-use technology for predicting ovulation/period start date - this is crucial for control over their reproductive health and wellbeing. Current at-home ovulation detection solutions demand buying expensive extra equipment (digital thermometers, electronic bracelets, ovulation strips, hormone tracking systems, etc.) that makes it inaccessible to many women.
Flo aims to build the most accurate ovulation/period tracker in the world that will not require anything besides a mobile phone.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with the data scientists, statisticians, product managers, to improve AI-based algorithms predicting ovulation and periods
- Ensure medical accuracy and compliance of Flo mobile application
- Take part in scientific research aimed at validating the accuracy of algorithms predicting ovulation and periods, present results at scientific conferences
- Communicate with freelance healthcare consultants and members of Flo Medical Board to make sure we are utilizing the latest scientific findings to build products
What we're looking for:
- Medical degree with 3+ years of clinical practice with preference in OB-GYN, Infertility or Endocrinology
- Working experience in international Pharmaceutical companies/Health Tech companies in the position of Medical advisor, AI clinician
- A scientific background (Ph.D., or scientific publications, or research experience) in Women health/Period health research/Infertility/Reproductive health
- Passion to learn new things about the physiology of the menstrual cycle and AI
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (a person should talk a lot with the technical teams and explain complicated medical ideas in an easy-to-understand way)
- Good track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications in international medical journals
- Experience with quantitative analysis methods and statistics
- Understanding the basics of regulatory norms in digital health in the US/EU
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Opportunity to participate in the company salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% company match
- Life Insurance at 4x salary
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 holidays per year on top of public bank holidays
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
- Investment in your professional growth and development
- Snack and drinks in the office
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.