Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Director of Epidemiology to help improve Flo health related features using epidata. You will be the first Epidemiologist in the team and will be responsible for integrating epidemiological role in product development processes.
- Contribute to the development of health related product features by providing insights based on epidemiological studies
- Work together with Medical advisors, Content managers, Data scientists, product managers to create new product features aimed at improving health of Flo users
- Collect and analyse data to find the ways how to to improve accuracy of medical algorithms
- Communication with freelance healthcare consultants and members of Flo Medical Board
- 3+ years of clinical practice
- Masters in Epidemiology or a related subject, such as public health
- Working experience in a digital health environment on products related to creating digital products (ideally chatbots, symptom checkers, assessment systems)
- The ability to analyse and interpret epidemiological data
- Experience with quantitative analysis methods and statistics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to communicate complex things in easy to understand way
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, build processes from scratch, identify and offer ways to utilize epidata in product development
- Understanding of general medicine, physiology of the female reproductive system
- Good track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications in international medical journals
- Understanding the basics of regulatory norms in digital health in the US/EU
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Opportunity to participate in the company salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% company match
- Life Insurance at 4x salary
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 holidays per year on top of public bank holidays
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.