Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
The Engineering Team is focused on two main areas: product, platform, and internal tools development.
Our engineers aren’t just building a better product; they’re making the world a better place by improving women’s health. We leverage machine learning and AI to provide accurate cycle predictions and relevant, personalized, medically credible health tips. We are committed to discover and empower our employees to implement brand-new solutions.
Flo is a place for experimentation and implementation opportunities at the senior level. Flo is not just a feature factory, we own value delivery end to end. Flo is a constantly evolving product. New features and technologies are added, hardening development. Our engineers have an average of 10 years of experience, so they can solve ambitious product tasks.
Flo is growing and the engineering team looks to support this growth by strengthening its structure. We believe that every product team requires a talented engineering manager who can be a servant leader for the team members and help them to deliver outstanding results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a cross-functional team of 6-10 engineers and organize work towards the product vision
- Work closely with the development team and Product Manager to deliver business value in a timely manner while following and improving upon established quality metrics
- Orchestrate technical aspects of the product development
- Implement the most suitable development processes (principles, rules) for the team
- Coach the team to learn and apply engineering best practices in various areas starting from UI standards and CI/CD to API design and Secure SDLC
- Continue to form and grow your team – hire and onboard new members, perform training activities, help team members to follow their path for professional growth
- Solve or escalate issues within and outside the team
- Ensure healthy collaboration with other teams, identify and manage technical and organizational dependencies
- Support an environment of transparency by providing prompt feedback, both gently and honestly
What we're looking for:
- Experience in designing and implementing robust distributed systems
- 2+ years of team management: establishing processes in a cross-functional team, building tech roadmaps, experience in change management
- People management skills – providing one-on-ones, resolving conflicts, creating career development plans
- Extensive knowledge of engineering practices and Agile methodologies
Nice to have:
- Full-stack development experience
- Hands-on experience with DevOps tools and practices
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience building consumer or client-facing products
- Understanding of A/B testing techniques
- Hybrid working environment
- 75 USD gross social money budget per month to spend on things like medical insurance, gym, training, etc.
- 27 calendar days of vacation per year
- Paid sick leave
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
The salary range for this position in Vilnius, Lithuania is 4500 - 7500 € gross per month
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.