Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time, and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Your primary objective is to expand and unlock Flock Safety’s footprint across the country with elected / appointed officials. Think: how can you help create pathways for installing Flock technology within the state’s right of way, or how can you unlock funding through federal or state grant dollars?
Flock Safety's technology helps every community solve crime within a principled framework. We are a non-partisan organization and have technology live from the Bay Area of CA to Providence, RI, from the heart of Texas and all across the Southern belt, up through the Upper Midwest.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You'll help us expand with tailored messaging, policy, and project management.
- Leverage both our internal teams and external consultants to help drive the impact we need across the states.
We’re looking for people who:
- 3 - 5 years of public sector experience.
- 5+ years of Government Affairs experience at a growth Technology organization (with a focus on regulatory issues at the state level preferred).
- Experience working effectively across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to help drive meaningful growth of Flock Safety in key states across the country.
- Great communicator, including strong writing experience in drafting white papers, model legislation, etc.
- Operate with a sense of urgency, ownership and action
- Comfort with ambiguity.
This position is remote though travel expectations are upwards of 3 to 4 times per month, as needed.
Our general interview process is outlined here.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values click here.
Why Join Us?
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more.
- 94% of employees recommend working at Flock Safety
- Incredible product-market fit. Flock fits that “goldilocks” set of price, functionality, and service
- We are scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- Uniquely mission-driven company. Making communities safer through objective, evidence-based technology.
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock
- Flock cameras help solve ~200 crimes/day
- 70% of all crime involves motor vehicles
- 2100+ cities with private cameras
- 1500+ agency relationships across the US
- 195% police customer retention rate
- 1B+ images processed a month (we process more images than Instagram)
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a salary range of $150,000 - $175,000 commensurate with experience.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.