Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time, and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- Ethics Center
- Flock’s Framework
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Life on Our Sales Team Video
- Our Installation Team Video
- Prepare journal entries
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations
- Work with internal and external business partners to ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and controls and provide support on special requests
- Strive to continuously improve the automation of accounting and reporting processes-
- Answer general ledger account related inquiries and/or route inquiries to the appropriate department/associate.
- Help team with special projects / implementations as they arise
- Ensure revenue is properly recorded for all customers: review revenue schedules in NetSuite
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for revenue related accounts
- Review new and renewing customer contracts
- Assist with annual audit
- Partner with internal teams including accounts receivable, FP&A, legal, revenue org and others
- Provide additional accounting team support as needed
- Recommend and implement process improvements as the organization continues to grow
We’re looking for people who:
- 4+ years of experience in an accounting role
- Big 4 is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- System familiarity with Intacct or Netsuite, strong excel / GSuite skills (vlookup, pivot tables)
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values click here.
Why Join Us?
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more.
- 94% of employees recommend working at Flock Safety
- Incredible product-market fit. Flock fits that “goldilocks” set of price, functionality, and service
- We are scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- Uniquely mission-driven company. Making communities safer through objective, evidence-based technology.
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock
- Flock cameras help solve ~200 crimes/day
- 70% of all crime involves motor vehicles
- 2100+ cities with private cameras
- 1500+ agency relationships across the US
- 195% police customer retention rate
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a salary range of $70,000 - $90,000 commensurate with experience.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.