Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately 250M in venture capital including a recent Series D round by Andreessen Horowitz. Now surpassing a 1B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Flock is looking for an experienced Hardware Engineer to add to our Hardware Engineering team. This team is responsible for all physical design, testing, and hardware product quality. This role will make an impact by contributing to the electrical design of the Flock Safety camera and its associated peripheral components. You will work closely with internal and external engineering teams to deliver high quality, mission critical cameras.
How you'll make an impact:
- Contribute to the design of cutting edge IoT devices, meant for continuous use in demanding environments, with direct ownership of PCB circuit design and component selection
- Lead and contribute to HW bring-up, validation, and characterization efforts
- Work cross-functionally with Mechanical, Software, Product, and Safety teams to understand and properly implement operational and functional product requirements
- Collaborate with Quality, Test, and Product teams, assist with creating product specifications and testing requirements for manufacturing and production
- Involvement throughout the product development cycle, from concept to production and deployment
- Assess, root-cause, and drive to resolution relevant HW/Electrical issues.
- Create and review technical drawings and documentation
We're looking for people who:
- BSEE with 5+ years of industry experience
- PCB Circuit Design Experience, including schematic capture, part placement, routing/layout
- Familiarity with Altium Designer
- Hands-on experience with PCB/Electronic systems’ bring-up, debugging, and functional verification
- Experienced in using testing and validation lab equipment: Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Function Generations, Spectrum Analyzers, etc..
- Familiarity with consumer electronic product architectures and main components, such as SoCs, MCUs, DDR, UFS/eMMC, Sensor Subsystems, etc..
- Knowledge of standard peripheral interfaces, such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, etc..
- Experience working cross functionally with power, mechanical, firmware, and software teams during product development
- Motivated and result-driven team player, with strong communication skills
- Comfortable and excited to work in a dynamic start-up environment
- Experience taking a HW design from concept to production in the consumer electronics or industrial product segments
- Experience with SI/PI validation and optimization
- Familiarity with IoT & wireless products (3G/4G/5G, Wifi/BT, etc..), including RF design and testing know-how
- Understanding of SerDes and Prevalent high-speed peripheral interfaces (USB, PCIe, HDMI, MIPI CSI/DSI, etc..)
Our general interview process is outlined here.
- ARM-based, multicore SoCs and SoMs, BLE system-on-chips, MEMS sensors
- CMOS cameras, motion capture sensors
- DSP and Audio processing ICs
- Power Management, Lithium Ion batteries, Buck, boost, AC/DC, and linear power regulators
- Solar panels, and solar charge controllers
- 4G/5G connectivity
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
Choosing where you are interested in interviewing is a big decision. We hope we can make that choice a bit easier with an inside look at what we offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs, including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 94% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1B+ images a month (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a salary within $110,000-$165,000.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.