Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time, and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Flock Safety is looking for a Director of Brand and Content to evolve and amplify our brand and bring our company’s mission to life through impactful storytelling. You’ll be the ground-floor leader for our newly formed Content team and own our corporate narrative and content marketing strategy. This is a high visibility role where you’ll partner closely with Executive Leadership, drive key brand initiatives at all levels of the organization, and develop a team of talented creative professionals.
We’re looking for a proven leader who’s able to set an inspiring vision and has a consistent track record of executing global brand and content initiatives for a fast-growing company. This role reports to the VP of Marketing and is the perfect opportunity for a talented brand strategist who’s ready to take the lead at a fast-growing, mission-driven company.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop a corporate messaging platform that builds upon Flock Safety’s mission to Eliminate Crime
- Define and execute the corporate marketing and content marketing strategy
- Manage a team of content marketers to produce campaign messaging, content marketing assets, internal and external blogs, organic social media, thought leadership content, etc.
- Manage our creative production team (visual, content and video)
- Develop and manage the company’s corporate marketing budget
- Monitor content performance through channel analytics, using data to evolve the customer experience by providing timely and relevant content that resonates with our audiences.
- Develop relationships with teams across the global organization to ensure our content continually raises the bar while reaching our business objectives.
We’re looking for people who:
- 8+ years of Brand and Communications experience
- 3+ years of experience directly managing others
- Prior experience building brand awareness for a startup
- Experience managing agencies and freelancers
- Hands-on, action-oriented leader who can command the respect of superiors, peers, and team. Ability to influence and build consensus at all levels of the organization.
- A proven track record of recruiting and developing talent
- Excellent presentation skills and strong visual storyteller
- A big thinker who’s not afraid to take risks
Our general interview process is outlined here.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values click here.
Why Join Us?
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more.
- 94% of employees recommend working at Flock Safety
- Incredible product-market fit. Flock fits that “goldilocks” set of price, functionality, and service
- We are scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- Uniquely mission-driven company. Making communities safer through objective, evidence-based technology.
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock
- Flock cameras help solve ~200 crimes/day
- 70% of all crime involves motor vehicles
- 2100+ cities with private cameras
- 1500+ agency relationships across the US
- 195% police customer retention rate
- 1B+ images processed a month (we process more images than Instagram)
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a minimum starting salary of $150,000.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.