Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time, and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Life on Our Sales Team Video
- Our Installation Team Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
The Flock Device team is looking to add a Technical Project Manager who is responsible for coordinating and leading multi-functional teams across numerous projects. Our Device team is made up of badass engineers who are responsible for all of the hardware and software on a variety of devices Flock deploys in the real world. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about taking new products and cutting edge research from concept to production.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Ensure Flock technology is developed and implemented on time, across project teams, and aligned with top level project goals
- Own and coordinate team activities within the development lifecycle (phase gate planning, milestone reviews, sprint planning, stand-ups, etc.)
- Develop and maintain all project schedules and project dependencies, ensuring schedule integration across functional teams based upon those dependencies
- Work closely with Product and Engineering management to ensure that the team’s development efforts are aligned to company strategy
- Evaluate, identify, and minimize risk: remove roadblocks and ensure proper timing of deliverables
- Coordinate with stakeholders on status updates and support client meetings around program status
- Improve and expand upon our project management process, tools, and methodologies
- Firefighter mode! Help teams triage, investigate, and resolve issues
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a minimum of 5 years bringing technology based products to market; you are very comfortable navigating integrated hardware & software projects
- Possess a strong understanding of the product development lifecycle, with familiarity in electrical, mechanical, embedded systems, application software development, and manufacturing
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to leverage this in your work, while supporting a flexible, change oriented culture
- Are comfortable holding others to target deliverables and escalating when needed
- Effectively communicate at the level of your audience, and seek to understand and be understood
- Have experience with Jira or similar project management tools
- Have a Project Management or Agile certification (not necessary but is a plus)
- Enjoy working on a product you can touch, see, and experience
- Are excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product that is making a significant impact in the world
- Are able to crack a joke every now and then, even if you're the only one who laughs
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
We value transparency, so if you’d like to know who’s on the other side reviewing your application or what our general interview process looks like, feel free to take a peek.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
Choosing where you are interested in interviewing is a big decision. We hope we can make it easier for you to see why you should apply.
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 94% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1B+ images a month (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
Your Benefit Package
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a starting salary of $120,000-$160,000.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.