There are 17 million Americans who own rental property. Most don't want to be landlords anymore, however, selling isn’t a good option. Why? You’d lose income and appreciation, trigger tax liabilities, kick out your tenants, have to fix up the house – the list goes on! We’re here to help.
Flock is building the retirement solution for landlords. We’ve created the first tech-driven 721 Exchange to help individual rental property owners seamlessly convert their real estate into passively owned shares in a professionally managed portfolio of homes. Some people call it the UPREIT, we call it "The People’s REIT."
In a traditional property sale, the transaction marks a finite end to the buyer/seller relationship – not so with Flock. When owners contribute their real estate to Flock, a new journey begins; one that has been carefully crafted to both relieve their pain points and provide tangible benefits for years to come. It’s a better way to sell and a better way to own real estate.
We’re fortunate to be backed by a great group of venture capital firms, including Andreessen Horowitz, Human Capital, Susa Ventures, Box Group, and Primary Venture Partners, as well as a large network of strategic investors, including 1Sharpe Ventures, Redwood Trust (NYSE: RWT), Fred Tuomi (former CEO of Invitation Homes), and Eric Wu (former CEO of Opendoor).
Flock is hiring a contract project manager to provide boots-on-the-ground support & oversight of single family rental assets in the Baton Rouge market. This position requires you to regularly visit assets, turns/renovations to completion, help manage expenses, and ensure that vendors and contractors fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
- Complete inspections of potential acquisitions
- Complete move-out walk inspections for upcoming vacant assets
- Provide input on scopes of work
- Hold vendors and contractors accountable on budget, timeline, and quality of work completed
- Communicate regularly with external stakeholders (vendors & contractors) and internal stakeholders (Asset Managers, Field Operations Manager, and other 1099 Project Managers)
- Complete regular site visits & provide daily updates on vacant assets
- Show assets to prospective tenants as needed
- Consistently monitor and provide updates through relevant communication channels (Appfolio, Monday.com, and Slack)
- Monitor and oversee execution of maintenance requests
- Perform light maintenance duties as needed
- 3-5+ years of property management, project management, construction, or similar real estate/construction experience
- Network of contractor relationships in the Baton Rouge area
- Familiarity with property management & project management tools (Appfolio, Monday.com, and Slack preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic construction/handyman tasks