UNCAGE YOUR AMBITION as a Linux System Administrator
We are FlightHub, an ambitious group of people that created Flighthub and Justfly. Our brands have grown to become two of the top-ranked travel agencies in North America. We now serve over 3 million customers per year, totaling 3 billion dollars in sales, and we’re not stopping there. We dream big, pursue passionately, and follow through with resolute self-belief and rigorous commitment. We are a group of individuals sharing a common vision and values, having come together to pursue a collective mission: overtaking the #1 spot in the world.
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator with 5+ years of experience managing small to large clusters of Linux servers that run various services. Working with Anthony, our lead DevOps / IT black belt, you would be joining our Infrastructure team as a key player that will have the opportunity to have a direct and great impact on our production-grade systems. You will work on bringing hundreds of servers with various workloads to new heights to better serve our applications and ultimately provide reliability, stability, and confidence to all of our customers and their experience with us.
This is a high impact role in our organization. You will have a direct effect on millions of people outside our organization and on all your coworkers at Flighthub. On a daily basis, you will be working with our external data-center operation team to ensure infrastructure and services up-time, address weak points, identify hardware upgrade needs, implement software upgrade procedures, find optimization opportunities, test and add new technologies and capabilities to our systems.
Many career paths can prepare you for this life-changing opportunity, but preferably, you’re highly skilled in:
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
- Managing one or more clusters of Linux servers.
- Maintaining production services (Apache, Memcache, Redis, MongoDB, Mysql, MariaDB, Clickhouse, Mcrouter, Kafka with the rest of the confluent platform, and Kubernetes)
- Troubleshooting and debugging multiple different components. (analyzing logs, understanding metrics, replicating environments and conditions)
- Monitoring servers and services to plan capacity upgrades or adjustments.
- Scripting and automating setups, services and tests. (bash, php, puppet, python, golang, docker, helm and more as needed)
- Planning safe and tested upgrades with none to minimal disruptions.
- Prioritizing when and where time is spent.
- Organizing your work, documentation, configuration, and scripts.
Show us your drive and join our team!
Check us out careers.flighthub.com