Build the data infrastructure to help Flexport grow
Flexport’s data engineering team is just getting started on building the infrastructure that our global company, spread across three continents, relies on daily as we change an industry. Your role as a senior data engineer will be to come in and lay the groundwork to help make sure we have reliable data sources and a resilient infrastructure that will stand the test of time. If we can get this right, we will be providing insight into a major part of our global economy that we’ve never seen before. We’re just getting started and are looking for people who are excited about the journey.
Our pipelines are built using Python and SQL, scheduled in Apache Airflow, glued with bash. Near Real-Time Data Warehouse in Postgres and Data Lake in Redshift. All of our infrastructure is based on AWS. Our BI data is only 15 minutes behind production servers.
- You will develop resilient pipelines from a variety of data sources, both internal and external
- You will implement Comprehensive Testing and Continuous Integration frameworks for schema, data, and functional processes/pipelines
- You will design the scheduling framework (Airflow) to automatically recognize and set-up object dependencies for robust and timely data delivery
- You will be part of a close-knit data engineering team that ships new code every day
You should have:
- You have 5+ years experience developing data frameworks using Python
- You have 5+ years of using SQL for data manipulation in a fast-paced work environment
- You have experience with Airflow is strongly preferred
- Data Warehousing development and fundamentals preferred
- You have a passion for business-oriented data development
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.