We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As a result of global expansion, we're looking for sharp, operationally-focused associates to help build our Asia presence and support our local squads. Interested in solving real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for pragmatic, customer-centric Global Operations Managers to join in a player-coach capacity. Help us solve real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade.
- Implement strategies to manage international supply chains, with a heavy focus on Asia operations.
- Hire, train, and develop Operations Associates; create opportunities for learning and growth.
- Lead a team of Operations Associates in partnership with the US teams to drive Client Success, Operational Efficiency, and Revenue Generation.
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree;
- 4 years of experience in Logistics, Freight Forwarding, or Supply Chain or 5+ years of leadership experience in customer success or operations;
- Motivated to build and implement new processes from 0-1. Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small.
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent. Strong people management experience required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.