We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a Sales Development Representative to support us in growing our business.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Flexport;
- Learn how global trade works from the ground up and build the foundation for your career at Flexport;
- Work with your dedicated Account Executive to identify ongoing strategic targets;
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone call, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums;
- Research your target companies and prepare executive summaries to turn your Sales Executive into a rockstar ahead of their calls;
- Diligently update SalesForce, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow ups;
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for next role on the Flexport sales team.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success, Investment Banking, Financial Services, or Consulting.
- Master's degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener.
- You are fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone with new people every day and explain Flexport's value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with.
- You have an obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- You show flexibility - things change around here. FAST.
- You have the intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come.
- You are a master of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Additional European languages are a plus.
Where you'll work:
As the central hub of Flexport Europe, our Amsterdam team works with clients across Europe and partners closely with our colleagues in the U.S. and Asia. We’re incubating country markets before establishing local offices in their respective regions.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.