Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
The trucking team’s mission is to make Trucking efficient, reliable, and transparent for our operators, carriers, and clients. We are the team that builds and supports Flexport’s Transmission platform. Transmission is a transportation management system built for Trucking carriers that helps them execute load requests sent from Flexport. Carriers use Transmission to plan their drivers' days, log milestones for loads (e.g. when did cargo depart), communicate with Flexport operations, and monitor driver performance. In addition, we are leveraging 3rd party data sources such as the truck's GPS devices and ports to create a great experience for our customers. The Trucking team is responsible for building software that helps our operations team plan our trucking capacity, execute the shipments within the promised transit times, and manage invoices for carriers as well.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager for the Trucking team where you will work closely with our business partners to drive our goals and strategy across the Trucking business. You’ll work alongside other self-starters interested in solving complex real-world problems and making global commerce more efficient. You will create solutions that ensure the best data quality and provide transparency to our customers to move their goods around the globe efficiently and on time. You will partner with other engineering teams and applied scientists to drive Trucking optimizations as well.
- Expertly design and own technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful, strategic approaches.
- Partner with engineering, product, and business stakeholders to orchestrate the delivery of the company’s most critical initiatives
- Drive cross-functional planning and development, ensuring that program tasks are completed on time, and managing resource, scope, and quality constraints
- Clarify ambiguities in product requirements and drive the development of technical requirements
- Identify and manage cross-team technology dependencies and align teams on roadmaps to ensure the timely delivery of initiatives.
- Provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders about program status, risks, and changes in plans
- Proactively identify and remove blockers for the product and engineering teams, and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Understand the technical architecture of the solution, analyze data to identify root causes of problems, and partner closely with engineers to resolve technical impediments
- Facilitate discussions, decision-making, and conflict resolution
- Determine people, processes, and technical solutions to address issues
- Establish effective working models and mechanisms for the larger organization, e.g., drive OP, establish a regular cadence for managing by objectives
- Geek out about shipping and logistics. (We do this often.)
You Should Have
- 4+ years of technical program management or equivalent experiences, including management of large-scale programs.
- A strong track record of delivering results into production for your customers
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities to help teams prioritize and focus
- A data- and metrics-driven mindset.
- Strength in project/program planning, organization, and time management.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done; a strong owner where no task is beneath you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of software product development and software architecture concepts.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience working in supply chains, global logistics, finance, or the measurement and optimization of software systems and development processes is preferred but not required.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s Freight Forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.