We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Security Analysts to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Security Analyst, Detection and Response, you are responsible for monitoring the security posture of Flexport information assets and investigating security events. You also proactively hunt for threats across our infrastructure, build new detection capabilities, and participate in security incident response in the US in collaboration with the global security team.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and respond to security events generated from security tooling and user reports.
- Proactively research known and emerging security threats, assess likelihood and impact of an incident, and develop new detection capabilities.
- Review the results of vulnerability scans and track remediation efforts.
- Perform security audits to identify coverage gaps, configuration drift, inappropriate access, or other deviations from standards and baselines.
- Administer endpoint security solutions that enable protection, detection, response and recovery capabilities (anti-malware, EDR, forensics, email and web security).
- Maintain incident response playbooks and participate in tabletop exercises to test their completeness.
- Provide security expertise and support for EU incident response teams.
- Develop knowledge base articles and train the support team on the triage of potential security incidents.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of progressive security and IT experience in a fast-paced global company.
- 3+ years of experience in security analytics and incident response.
- 2+ years of experience administering network, identity, and endpoint security tools.
- 2+ years of experience with SIEM, UEBA, and other security analytics technologies.
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows-based operating systems.
- Experience with osquery and/or familiarity with SQL syntax is desirable.
- Security certifications are desirable (e.g. GIAC, CompTIA, ISC(2))
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.