Build the systems to help Flexport grow
Flexport’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) team holds the responsibility of designing, developing, and maintaining systems that support all Flexport warehouses worldwide. Our team is dedicated to crafting exceptional solutions that simplify, streamline, and standardize warehouse operations, while still maintaining flexibility. We enthusiastically adopt the latest technologies to introduce automation where applicable, as we continuously strive to scale and drive quality and productivity enhancements. Be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but deliver a true global operating system for trade.
What you will do
- Design, develop, test, and maintain warehouse management systems using modern programming languages and frameworks.
- Lead team members to identify right software solutions to solve ambiguous, open ended problems. Contribute actively in development process (PRD Reviews, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning and Retros)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product management, operations, and quality assurance to ensure high-quality and timely delivery of software solutions.
- Develop and implement best practices for coding, testing, and deployment to ensure software quality, maintainability, and scalability.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior software engineers on the team.
- Continuously research and evaluate new technologies and approaches to improve our warehouse management systems.
You should have:
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, or C#, and web development frameworks such as React or Angular
- Strong understanding of software development best practices, including agile methodologies, version control systems, and continuous integration and deployment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Bonus points if you’ve worked with:
- WMS or supply chain management systems.
- AWS services, Postgres, Mongodb and Redis
- Data analytics and business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Looker.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Engineering Blog.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.