Sales Manager, Vietnam
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
About the job
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and expanding our commercial footprint in Vietnam. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire an Enterprise Sales Manager to expand our business in Vietnam. As a founding member of our commercial team, you will be responsible for establishing and leading the direct sales programs that will make Flexport the #1 Global Trade Platform in Vietnam. Reporting to the Country Manager, you’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business in one of Flexport’s largest markets.
What You Will Do:
- Develop new and existing relationships with companies in Vietnam to sell Flexport’s suite of Freight Forwarding, Trade, and Financial Service Products.
- Identify and lead business development initiatives to fuel our growth.
- Establish and implement systems, methods and processes to build scalable commercial capabilities.
- Provide insightful market intel and data analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner cross functionally with account management, marketing, and trade/product teams to define and refine our commercial strategy.
- Take a high energy and entrepreneurial approach to the role. Working collaboratively with the rest of the global functions to drive strategic priorities and get things done.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements.
- Represent Flexport Vietnam towards global clients, support sales efforts, RFPs, bids, and business implementations where required
What You Bring:
- 8+ years of experience in client facing roles with a focus on sales development
- A well developed network of regional and local decision makers in Vietnam.
- Extensive experience in the international Freight Forwarding market in Vietnam. Direct knowledge of Transpacific, Asia to Europe, and Intra Asia trade lanes expected.
- Ability to handle a broad range of responsibilities on your own and learn and adapt quickly in a hyper growth company.
- Highly effective communicator with good people skills - able to build trust and work well with both local and international stakeholders.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment with fast pace of change and growth.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
- Excellent Vietnamese and English language skills required (Other languages such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc a bonus).