Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is looking for an IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support. Our team works cross-functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, IT TechOps, Security, People Ops, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations, and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
- You will be a customer service and support evangelist, assisting our customers via in-person walk-up, support ticket, email, or chat as needed.
- You will work closely with IT staff to maintain IT support documentation, manage multiple IT queues and help to handle ticket escalations from our global IT Support team.
- You love building relationships with customers, business partners, and IT team members alike.
- You are passionate about IT end-user support, have an excellent background in Mac software, hardware troubleshooting, and are hungry to learn/grow in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades, migrations, and resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff. You will also need to travel to support our distributed offices and locations while supporting endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication).
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security while assisting with the on-boarding process, prepping and deploying systems, while leading our new hire orientation. All while managing the asset life cycle process, maintaining hardware inventory, accurate cycle counts, and decommissioning processes.
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
You should have:
- Experience in providing technical support in an Enterprise environment and a love for solving problems with a high level of professionalism and passion for customer service.
- Comfort in working with and supporting all levels of an organization, up to and including company executives.
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and continuously develop your technical skills with an appreciation of the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures.
- Extensive experience in documenting the status of cases and providing updates to customers, the global IT team, and leadership, with an understanding of the importance of inventory management, the asset lifecycle, and how to maintain an organized help desk.
- Past experience in being a part of both a global and local team and a love of standardization and an understanding that consistency and adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
You will need:
- Minimum 2 - 5 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive Technical knowledge of MacOS, 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS, and Android
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10
- Network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Experience administering GSuite for Enterprise (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc)
- Experience with video conferencing solutions and support (Zoom, BlueJeans, G-Meet, MS Team)
- Experience with VOIP systems (RingCentral, Dialpad, hangouts etc.)
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after-hours and weekend support
- Willingness to travel to Flexport offices around the world
- Some heavy lifting required
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.