As a result of our global expansion and the network effects that we are seeing with our partners globally we are hiring a Business Development Manager for India to support our new Partner Led Sales initiative, which is making global trade easier for our Partners and their local clients. This role will work in a cross-functional environment between Flexport’s Network Partners, their clients, as well as internal teams to help establish a new way for Flexport to grow exponentially all around the world! This role has the potential to bring extensive impact to the organization by establishing processes/initiatives that are scalable across numerous geographies and also driving revenue growth for Flexport through our partners.
The right person for this role will be a proactive, creative, true problem-solver, revenue driver, and a teacher at heart. You will be one of the founding members of this new business and have the ability to shape it and scale the initiative out globally. Due to the nature of the role you will also have substantial senior leadership visibility and be asked to go above and beyond what you would do in a regular BD role. If this sounds like something that excites you, then we want to hear from you as we will be looking for someone ASAP!
- Responsible for driving revenue growth for Flexport for Territories they manage through our partners in the region and their designated sales team.
- In close collaboration with Partners’ GMs and sales leadership, define joint growth plan, strategies (target clients, segments, lanes, etc.), and commercial metrics & KPIs
- Develop and execute a plan to build a pipeline from new and existing customers, for the territory/ies they are responsible for.
- Qualify opportunities, manage the pipeline, and maintain an accurate forecast and relay to internal stakeholders such as TL teams and Ops teams.
- Work closely with Partners to draft Request for Proposal (RFPs)
- Provide regular updates to leadership on sales performance and pipeline data
- Empower and enable our Partners' sales teams on selling Flexport, through mix of 1-1 engagement, training (remote & onsite), self-service resources, etc., incl.:
- Flexport Value Proposition and Brand Promise (Technology, Global Buying Power, Local Presence, Global Standardization)
- Flexport’s Global Capabilities (Asia, US, EU, etc)
- Flexport Client platform and functionalities available to their clients
- Flexport Trade & Financial Services products such as Customs, Insurance, Capital, and Order Management
- Build client and market facing resources for our Partners clients to source help close more business and drive stickiness of Flexport
- Build playbooks for our Partners to ramp up their AE’s quickly and drive success
- Engage with Partners customers when necessary and be Flexport expert in the room for SMB or small Enterprise clients; provide leads and introductions from existing network where relevant; and assist Partners in closing deals as required
- Potentially, create India focused marketing initiatives (e.g. online campaigns, events) together with Partners and Flexport Marketing team
- Cross-collaborate with our TL teams on air and ocean to drive success and understand market realities that should inform our growth strategies
- Be Flexport’s expert on local market nuances and opportunities, inform localization requirements of Flexport product suite & technology platform
- Create the playbook of commercial strategies to scale PLS to other parts of the globe and begin to define how we identify potential markets and customers to expand into
- This Role will be Based out of Singapore for 1 Year, will Involve frequent Travel to India. Later this Role will shift to India.
You should have:
- 3-5 years of experience in direct, channel or partnership sales
- Fluent in English, skills & professional experience required & additionally if you know Indian Language will be an added advantage.
- An Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to innovate, and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Proven track record in selling logistics services; ideally within ISC Region
- Builder mindset: ability to set objectives and targets, define strategies, and get hands dirty
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, cross-collaborative, and organizational skills, able to connect within Partner organizations at multiple levels
- Strong background or appetite for driving enablement to achieve the organization's overall goals; working with and through (not around) our Partners sales teams
- Able to strongly communicate and align stakeholders on Flexport’s Proposition value and vision
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations, understanding your Partners’ client’s current and future business goals and challenges and translating those into relevant solutions and strategic account planning
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen and presentation skills
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.