Build the programs to help Flexport.org grow
Help make logistics a positive force for social and environmental sustainability
Flexport.org is the dedicated sustainability and social impact team within Flexport. We’re a lean, tight-knit, entrepreneurial team, and are driven by a shared passion for using technology to tackle our climate crisis. We develop tools and offerings to help Flexport customers and partners measure, reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions and to reduce waste in their supply chains. Simultaneously, we lead Flexport’s corporate environmental sustainability strategy and industry partnerships.
As a Flexport.org Program Manager, you’ll lead regional programs, helping hundreds of companies of all sizes, sectors, and geographies bring logistics into the forefront of their sustainability strategy.
- Manage end-to-end regional customer engagement in Flexport.org Programs – our programs unlock exponential impact when our customers take action through us. You will serve as your region’s subject matter expert for customers and internal Flexport teams, including Brand, Marketing, and Demand.
- Partner with the Flexport.org technology team (a group of engineers, product designer and a product manager) to inform regional product requirements and business prioritization by surfacing customer feedback and industry best practices.
- Wear many hats across our programmatic functions, including business development, account management, product improvements and internal education. From day-to-day tasks and reporting to planning and direction, you’ll drive progress forward with exceptional attention to detail.
- Identify, design, and execute major cross-functional projects for Flexport and our customers. Lead project planning and milestones all the way down to tactical implementation.
- Lead key regional corporate, programmatic, and industry partnerships to continually improve our program offerings and sustainability strategy.
You should have:
- BA/BS and 4+ years of experience in environmental sustainability, logistics/supply chains, or program management
- Excitement for the potential of product and technology to solve challenges
- A generalist mindset: you’re able to manage many competing projects and tasks at once, but also love using data to dig deep into complex challenges
- Experience with managing customers/accounts or strategic partners
- Experience with fast-paced project management across multiple stakeholders, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a growth mindset: the sustainable logistics industry is growing quickly and we face new, exciting opportunities every day
- A passion for a career in climate change. It’s why we’re here!
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.