Build the user experience that powers global trade
We are looking for a seasoned product management leader to create world-class customer experiences that progress the evolution of global trade. You’ll be responsible for the development of the Flexport Client App, the industry-leading global trade platform that provides our customer with unprecedented visibility and control over their supply chain. This puts you at the core of Flexport’s mission to fix the UX of global trade.
With a customer-first mindset and deep empathy for customer needs, you will manage a team of product managers and work alongside a team of highly-skilled engineers, designers, data scientists and freight forwarding experts in building the interface between our technology, our customers, and the movement of their goods. The products you build will empower our customers to collaborate more seamlessly with their trade partners, optimize their end-to-end supply chains, and as a result run more successful businesses. You’ll develop seamless end-to-end user experiences as well as platform frameworks and components (like search, dashboard, and reporting experiences) for other teams to tie their products into. This unlocks the promise of a modular platform that is centered around our customer needs and provides them with the “single pane glass” for managing their supply chain. Read more about the Client App on our website.
- Drive the 3-5 year product vision and strategy for the Client App and paint a clear path on how we will get there.
- Work closely with our business, operations, and technology teams to develop a roadmap to address the needs of our users.
- Meet with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their supply chain needs and how Flexport can best address those needs.
- Realize this vision through leading and inspiring your team of product managers and a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and operations specialists.
- Become a domain expert: Gain a deep understanding of relevant technology & industry trends and competitive dynamics, and form a perspective on how Flexport fits into it all.
- Make data driven decisions and implement metrics to manage your team’s progress and impact.
You should have:
- At least 5 years of Product Management experience.
- A track record of creating design-led world-class customer experiences.
- Technical competence; might not be an expert, but can talk shop with the best of them.
- Experience collaborating with and inspiring engineering teams with a focus on accelerating development velocity.
- Comfortable in a startup-like environment and can operate independently to build and execute products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage up and drive consensus among stakeholders.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.