We are looking for a senior leader who will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing the long-term business plan for Ocean Consolidation Solutions (including but not limited to LCL and Buyer’s consolidations).
- Design best-in-class Ocean Consolidation Solutions in the market (including LCL and Buyer’s Consol) that our sales love to sell and customers love to use
- Conceptualize “out of the box” transformational Ocean Consolidation offerings based on ongoing customer feedback regarding their needs and competitor intelligence
- Develop specific “menu cards” for each Ocean Consolidation Service/product together with Commercial Product Management and contribute to the definition of an effective go to market strategy
- Develop and own the the long-range (5 year) plan for growth of Ocean Consolidation business and underlying business requirements for growth
- Lead a team of highly motivated and experienced trade lane managers in a matrix structure to orchestrate profitable business growth
- Set strategic direction jointly with sales & regional tradelane managers on pipeline growth, strategic pricing initiatives and procurement and lead implementation of global initiatives with all regions end to end
- Set global standards for the Flexport Ocean Consolidation network processes and ensure they are implemented within the consolidation network team
- Define and steer performance metrics on volume growth, pricing initiatives/ promotions, procurement/network cost, net revenue, network utilization and on-time performance and enable fact-based decision making
- Work with Tech & Engineering teams to productize to further smoothen end-to-end product quotation, planning, execution and procurement processes in the Flexport platform to drive improved business performance - drive “easy of doing business with Flexport” as a provider of Ocean Consolidation Products/ services.
You should have:
- Bachelor degree or above in business management or related disciplines
- 10+ years of working experience in business development, P&L ownership or operations management in freight forwarding or shipping industry
- 3+ years of experience in managing a Global or Regional LCL network of significant size and complexity
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive relationships with sales, operations, technology and other key stakeholders
- Be able to lead and motivate a team in a multinational and matrix environment. Indirect management.
- Data driven, strong analytical and logical sense
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Willing to embrace and drive changes
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.