Flexport’s growth will be fueled primarily by growing a world-first global ecosystem of partners that will work with us to fuel demand and be responsible for high-quality execution.
As our ecosystem matures and Flexport’s global expansion accelerates, we will need to bring our partner value proposition and performance management to the next level! In this role you will build and lead a team of analytics associates creating a best in class analytics capability. Your team will support performance managers globally in proactively identifying opportunities to enhance performance, solve issues, take advantage of changing market and competitive conditions and make the right strategic decisions regarding partner growth and churn.
- Recruit and lead a team of Analytics Associates
- Create a vision and roadmap for performance management analytics in collaboration with other analytics teams including operations excellence globally
- Build partnership with business stakeholders and senior leadership team to identify and conduct analytical deep-dives on specific opportunities and hypotheses
- Earn trust of stakeholders by obsessing over their business use cases and data needs, and helping them solve problems with technology
- Lead complex data analysis in new uncharted areas to gain insights into performance
- Roll up sleeves when needed to support analysis setup or execution
- Help establish a culture of try and error, launching pilots and gleaning best practices and learnings to be standardized as opposed to “designing in the lab”.
You should have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in business intelligence, analytics, statistics, data engineering, data science or related field
- Proficiency in SQL, ETL management, data modeling, and working with large amounts of data
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Power BI, or similar tools
- 2+ years’ work experience in managing a team of Business Intelligence Engineers/Analysts or Data Scientists.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in managing and prioritizing short-term business needs and long-term projects
- Experience in hiring, retaining, coaching, and managing a high-functioning business intelligence team is preferred
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.