Flexport’s CISO organization is looking for a passionate, innovative, results oriented Director of Technical Program Management. In this role you will manage a team of technical program managers and project managers to define, build, drive and measure mechanisms to enable security and corporate IT functions/processes throughout the business.
You will be a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach. You will implement a program vision while satisfying risk management, transparency and resource goals.
- Manage delivery of complex IT and security projects in a diverse environment with multiple stakeholders and multiple resource pools.
- Establish and educate importance for enterprise risk management through creating a standardized framework we apply to all programs/projects measuring total risk
- Work closely with IT, Security, Engineering, Product Management and cross business leaders to align secure enterprise processes and capabilities for Flexport users
- Develop strong partnerships with business and technology leaders to drive focus on strategic security business objectives and optimize program throughput
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with stakeholders to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plan
- Continuously improve and scale processes to increase effectiveness of CISO organization
- Manage project operational aspects, scope, change management, and track scheduled progress through the appropriate metrics to meet changing needs and requirements
- Communicate clearly and effectively to management on the plans, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure
- Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams
- Proactively remove obstacles by managing issue escalations and scope changes
You should have:
- 15 years of experience in project/program management with at least 7 years focused on security, engineering and/or technology
- Demonstrated experience as a TPM for a rapidly growing, complex security or engineering organization
- Be a “bridge” builder helping to coordinate and bring together various parts of the organization around a common process through the use of tools and communication channels.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as customer service skills
- Possess strong organizational skills, both for yourself and for the team, while working with many people in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.