As a Senior Program Associate on the APAC Ocean Solutions team, you’ll work closely with Ocean TLM, Ocean Fulfillment, Makers, and Global Demand teams to build the foundation required to build an industry-leading ocean freight forwarding platform. In addition, you’ll work cross-functionally across the global organization to optimize current processes and design net-new initiatives that will ultimately drive quality improvements, lower our cost to serve, improve our profitability, and enable true global scale.
- Represent the Ocean Trade Lane Management (TLM) and Fulfillment Team’s voice as a business unit when program managing global initiatives and defining technology requirements across the business
- Measure and monitor each Ocean workstream end-to-end, including communicating status, identifying, cross-functional dependencies, proposing options to mitigate risk, and drive issues to resolution
- Develop project plans, align stakeholders, orchestrate feedback (gather user input, translate to appropriate stakeholders), and have a data-driven point of view on the direction of the project to influence decisive outcomes across various teams
- Challenge the status quo of standard operating procedures by testing theories and hypotheses to improve efficiency. This may include:
- Design pilots / experiments that test hypothesis’ related to process efficiency and reduction in cost to serve
- Run point implementing new initiatives deemed successful while ensuring clear guidance and enablement material are readily available for the Ocean TLM and Fulfillment teams
- Create clear and concise roadmaps outlining priorities and deadlines to all cross-functional parties
- Identify additional opportunities/projects within these initiatives that are valuable to optimize the work efficiency and effectiveness.
- Define key operational success metrics (KPI’s) across both technology products and business programs to ensure clear accountability
- Analyze data sets through our data analytics platform to drive insights making it easier for decision makers to make data driven decisions by understanding trends, outliers, and patterns
- Build consensus on product roadmaps with Global Ocean and Technology teams across various technology streams while prioritizing needs according to business strategies and product dependencies.
- Identify and resolve roadblocks that impede achievement of the Ocean Team goals by collaborating with regional stakeholders and escalating when necessary
- Drive alignment on product requirements and process changes across the business and technology teams by conducting regular testing, create enablement materials and lead the launches of new ocean technology products to further drive technology platform development
You should have:
- A BA/BS Degree
- 2-3+ years experience in an operational or project management role
- Strong project management skills, managing the following effectively: project timelines, deliverables, budget, team accountability, status updates amongst partners and key stakeholders, and event objectives
- You have the ability to work with all levels in the organization to initiate and drive change, and have strong stakeholder management skills
- You are an excellent communicator and have the ability to drive program and project management through your team as well as able to influence change
- The ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly in a fast paced environment that is constantly evolving
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and planning skills -- knowing when you focus on the details but also zooming out to assess the big picture view
- A strategic thinking mindset and ability to execute on the front-lines
- Data driven approach to use our data analytics platform for analyzing and interpreting data for relevant projects
- Empathy towards the end-client & an emphasis on service excellence
- High proficiency in Microsoft & Google Applications (especially excel and google sheets)
- Knowledge or experience in supply chain or logistics experience preferred
- SQL is not required but a plus
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.