As a Sr. Trade Lane Service Manager you are multi-faceted, acting as the “chief of staff” to the Sr. Director, a technical partner to Trade Lane Managers, an interface with Global Solutions, and the people manager for all Associates in the region. The Sr. Trade Lane Service Manager ensures quality execution of day-to-day tasks, drives adherence to global standards, and interfaces with Global Solutions and to implement process improvements and lead overall productivity gain initiatives.
- Establish and refine service delivery processes; drive efficiency, reduce cost-to-serve, and align with global standards
- Develop and implement new procurement and pricing processes and tools
- Oversee and ensure high quality execution of day-to-day tasks and adherence to SLAs
- Provide analytical insights into the overall health of the region & support Sr. Director in attaining growth and revenue targets
- People management / leading the regional team of Trade Lane Associates
- Train the team and ensure they have all required tools, knowledge, and skills to execute their duties
- Develop people into roles, while taking into account individual skills & interests and company need
- Maintain awareness of individual development and goals; provide day to day feedback and coaching
- Ensure team engagement and commitment to Flexport’s long-term vision
You should have:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience at a freight consolidator or a freight forwarder
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing large teams
- Process and detail-oriented
- Able to balance competing priorities, particularly global alignment and standardisation with regional specialisation
- Market knowledge and expertise with respect to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational, and procurement perspective
- Inclination to think-outside-the-box to always find a better solution or alternative, while remaining grounded in numbers and metrics
- Desire to “build a better machine” and get irritated when things aren’t optimal
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.