Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Territory Manager, SE Asia to join our growing South East Asia Emerging Market Team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely with our forwarding and customs partners plus many business units across the company to achieve our shared goals. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business in one of Flexport’s highest growing markets.
- Ensure end-to-end business success of Flexport in one / few key countries in SE Asia:
- Work cross-functionally with local, regional, and global teams (incl. Sales, Account Management, Tradelane managers (Air, Ocean, warehousing), Operations, and others) to drive growth.
- Represent Flexport SE Asia towards global clients, support sales efforts, RFPs, bids, and business implementations where required.
- Promote Flexport SE Asia capabilities internally, lead sales & internal enablement on managed market; identify leads to grow Flexport in appointed market.
- Identify opportunities to build / improve new capabilities and unlock new growth.
- Manage against key commercial performance metrics.
- Represent Flexport brand in SE Asia Market.
- Own relationships with Flexport freight forwarding and customs partners
- Work with Partner Business Unit to source, vet, and onboard new freight forwarding and customs partners.
- Work with partners to plan sufficient resources necessary to support Flexport’s rapid growth.
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to partners; continuously identify gaps and develop innovative and creative ways to improve and increase commercial performance.
- Direct and Indirect People Leadership
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, and coaching.
- Utilize effective leadership and persuasion skills to motivate and oversee multiple partner teams performing operations on our behalf.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years of professional experience in logistics, supply chain, and/or operations.
- Deep understanding of needs & expectations of Flexport’s global logistics clients (in particular US importers); ideally gained through combination of working in global logistics provider and client side.
- Knowledge of both ocean & air freight solutions/requirements on TPEB trade (FEWB desired)
- Hands-on experience in using / implementing technology to improve logistics outcomes.
- A strong performance record of living our values.
- Able to represent Flexport brand, values, and culture; towards local partners and global (US/EU based) clients.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills to deliver client outcomes within a matrix organization, across (US) destination operations, tradelane management; Solid negotiation skills and ability to influence without direct authority.
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution.
- Strong ability to build relationships with local partners; excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, able to connect within partner organizations at multiple levels.
- Execute end to end with world class follow through; a system and process oriented mindset.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others, hire & onboard local talent.
- Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule with a servant leadership approach.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident