Sr. Finance Manager
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
With thousands of shipments in motion over the globe, we need a highly motivated Sr. Finance Manager for the Asia Pacific region. You will be a crucial part to support the Regional Controller in decision-making and supporting leadership for the Asia Pacific region on all financial and accounting related matters with focus on tax and receivables management. You will support the leadership team and help navigate the complexities of building an international accounting and finance team.
What you'll do:
- Provide leadership on tax and receivable management functions for the region, and support the regional controller on finance matters as needed. Work in close collaboration with the US headquarters and provide Asia insights on tax and receivable management.
- Manage and ensure full compliance with local and corporate requirements including proper transfer pricing documentation are in place within the region. Support decision making by providing insights on tax implications for initiatives including various corporate tax strategies, Flexport service offering and locational expansion in the region.
- Analyze tax implications and assist in rationalizing tax obligations for the region. Assist in the development and implementation of execution plans relating to corporate tax strategies.
- Coordinate with the Accounting team and Corporate Tax to ensure all regulatory filing and requirements are complied with and act as a centralized point of contact on regional tax matters including but not limited to tax audit, TPD and IP management.
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable function to drive initiatives to improve the regional DSO and capital management with key stakeholders including GM’s, CS managers, Asia leadership, corporate team and customers. Advocate the importance of capital management and drive behavioral change with key stakeholders.
- Evaluate and recommend new credit requests and conduct silent credit checks. Continuously assess customers’ credibility with customer performance and ensure client databases are updated in systems. Ensure proper client database management with correct and updated credit terms.
- Establish metrics to monitor overall risk by customer portfolio. Recommend appropriate action including right sizing of portfolio, risk mitigation, credit hold.
- Ensure timely payment while maintaining a high level of customer retention. Maintain AR healthiness with current balance and flag for early signs of doubtful debts and deteriorating trends.
- Negotiate payment plans with customers who default in their payments to ensure recoverability. Determine the best approach to recover.
- Support the Asia regional controller to ensure operations and transactions in the region are in compliance with Flexport financial and management control policies as well as local statutory requirements, including monitoring relevant processes, record keeping and reporting.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
- 3+ years of people management experience;
- 5+ years leadership experience in tax and treasury, preferably with audit experience in a public accounting firm and experience in accounting for a publicly-listed or high-growth start-up company;
- CPA or local country equivalent;
- Solid knowledge of current and evolving trends in tax, account receivable management, finance, accounting and regulatory compliance. Regional Asia experience and knowledge are essential.
- Adaptive and comfortable working in matrix organization
- Working knowledge of US GAAP technical accounting and business matters. Experience with international entities, multi-currency and consolidation are a plus.
- Able to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Experience working cross-functionally with key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is critical
- Strong technical skills - Excel, ERP systems, analytical and extreme attention to detail
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Passionate about accounting, finance, logistics and international trade!
- A “compliance first” attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.