Reporting to Flexport’s Head of Revenue Management, the Lead Revenue Manager will play a critical role in transforming and scaling Flexport’s Pricing, Analytics, Processes, Policies and broad capabilities - to further enable our customer obsession, accelerated growth that scale, and low cost-to-serve operating model. This partner will have a passion for data, as well as Flexport’s global trajectory - and an ability to generate best-in-class operating margins - without sacrificing growth. This individual will bring a deep knowledge of global Supply Chain products/modes (including Ocean, Air, and Ground), existing revenue management frameworks, freight forwarding commercial models and their intersection with technology - as well as an ability to communicate complex processes and concepts, or local policies/constraints to senior stakeholders to drive the business forward. We want a fresh set of eyes on some decades old practices.
This role will be laser-focused on maintaining and/or creating a culture of transparency and accountability worldwide, for volume growth at industry-leading gross margins. Bridging the landscape between Pricing, F&A, Ops, and Technology - this role will be highly respected and influential. He/she will regularly develop and scrutinize initiatives and processes, along with results & outcomes, and make recommendations for change. We are looking for a thought leader in process improvement, especially those that have historically been difficult to leverage and/or require manual intervention - with the potential to ascend to more senior roles within the organization.
This role is for someone passionate about showing off the insights they’ve gathered, and enthusiastic when project milestones are hit! But one who also solves challenges as they occur, without deterrence - knowing they’re playing a critical role in Flexport’s future..
- Report out at various intervals both standardized and informal reports, surrounding the health of Flexport’s top line, across various service, geographic and customer segmentation dimensions
- Work with upstream data modelers to ensure data from Flexports Pricing and Operating systems is consumable, consistent, and well defined for use in global reporting
- Provide Insights and Actions based on results. Work closely with our Business Operations F&A team. The Lead Rev Mgr will often recommend initiatives for the team to pursue, as well as be asked to support existing initiatives with consumable, and well formatted data
- Create/Establish metrics that incentivize the right behavior at the local level without sub-optimizing the macro - and act as leading indicators for senior management
- Reduce churn, identify flight risks, and action accounts that generate unacceptable yields
- Broadly continue the advancement of Flexport’s core Pricing and Revenue Management Department - with an eye towards leadership in Market Share as well as Innovation
- Liaise between F&A/Analytics, Customer Solutions, and Operations to ensure Flexport is properly tracking towards its short-term and long-term growth and yield objectives.
- Identify areas of improvement or opportunities as it relates to Pricing and/or serving our Client at an acceptable de-averaged gross margin - and take action when necessary
- Identify areas to run controlled experiments, alongside Tradelane and Operations to measure customer experience and response to various price structures and or approaches
- Analyze and interpret operating results, and dissect for more granular insights
- Approach supply chain and transportation challenges with a fresh perspective, and be willing to test & learn, adjust, and continuously improve our go-to-market globally.
- Design, pilot, and provide requirements for; new pricing and reporting architecture that enables Flexport to use Pricing and Revenue Management as a strategic lever
- Imagine new approaches to old customer challenges, and foster an environment of partnership with Flexport’s key accounts
You should have:
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience demonstrating increasing responsibility, scope, and leadership across multiple functions - especially those that touch Pricing, Rev Mgt, Process & Systems
- Track record of establishing metrics, globally, that drive large organizations in the proper direction, and hold local and global partners accountable to trends and results.
- Experience in Global Transportation or Freight Forwarding, as well as systems development processes,
- Strong Professional and Educational backgrounds Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related quantitative field is required
- Communication skills that span borders and leadership levels - as well as external partners
- Business Intelligence Tools (Adaptive Insights, Looker, Periscope...), and/or SQL is a must
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.