At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Flexport is looking for an eager and driven Sales Development Representative to help accelerate our hyper-growth! Start your career off by learning what it takes to disrupt a trillion dollar industry at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies.
As a Sales Development Representative you’ll take ownership of our inbound lead relationships from the time they first engage with our website, to when they’re ready to have a deeper sales conversation. You’ll set up qualified opportunities for our sales reps that grow into successful, long-term customers.
- Drive results to achieve 3 KPIs, which are Lead to opp ratio, no. Of Sales Accepted Opportunities and deliver a 80% SLA in responding to website sign ups and inbound calls
- Generate prospective leads and prospects through identifying, qualifying and follow up of sign ups, through inbound sales activities.
- Develop a deep understanding of how Flexport solves our client’s global shipping and logistics problems
- Have engaging conversations with our prospects over phone, email, WeChat and other communications channels
- Coordinate and schedule meetings to Flexport system demonstration with the selected OMs who are handling inbound leads
- Write, edit and suggest sales emails to nurture the closed lost opportunities and sales contacts
- Work closely with BD Manager(s) to write sequences, test cadences, and provide feedback on outreach campaigns
- Foster strong working relationships with your CSMs counterparts and global counterparts
- Utilise databases and other public information to help identify incoming leads and their pain points so to ensure high quality in engagement conversations
- Track and report on outreach and nurturing activities within Salesforce and other sales outreach tools
- Identify and engage with key contacts at trade shows, workshops and other field sales event
- Conduct outbound calls to convert closed/lost leads or prospects in conjunction with sales initiatives
- Strong data analytics skills to help analyse the top funnel performance. Ability to identify and spot problems when they first appear and proactively work on solutions to resolve them.
- Owner of lead to opportunity ratio and understand the upstream and downstream cause and effect for great results. Suggest ways to secure better opportunities in terms of fit and share the latest supply chain needs and feedback from signups to sales
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years in a sales, business development, B2B sales or pre-sales roles
- strong understanding of Flexport’s unique value propositions and able to communicate and relate these to the needs of the prospects
- Knowledge in using Salesforce and Looker,and has demonstrated strong data analytical skills
- Experience working in tech or other high-growth industries
- The ability to strike up conversations with people of all ages and cultures
- Excellent Chinese communication skills and strong analytical skills with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work, adapt, and overachieve under pressure
- Be curious, self-motivated and results obsessed and a team player