Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Procurement Operations is a fast growing team that directly supports a company-wide strategic initiative focused on the procure-to-pay (P2P) process. In this role, you’ll be building a cost database that unites global contracts in a centralized repository and in a standardized format, allowing for automation and optimization across several internal processes.
Procurement Operations Associates are end-to-end owners of ocean freight rate data that powers our business. As such, you will conduct analysis and research on data while also looking at the overarching procurement process and ocean freight trade lane fundamentals.
- Oversee third-party data entry of ocean freight contracts into global cost database
- Provide guidance on how to structure disparate data formats, keeping in mind ocean freight market fundamentals
- Drive attainment on key metrics; analyze trends and distributions in large datasets in Looker and/or Excel, conduct root cause analysis, and recommend corrective action
- Conduct data audits and flag discrepancies
- Conduct research, drive process improvement, and scope out tool development, including working cross functionally with internal stakeholders from Makers and Product
- Support ocean trade lane management team on procurement tasks and projects
You should have:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience
- Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative analysis in Excel and/or Looker, including pivot tables and data distributions
- Familiarity with SQL a plus
- Desire to learn new concepts
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Willingness to take initiative
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Love problem solving and have a strong analytical mindset.
- Strong excel skills and analytical mindset
- Being comfortable working in ambiguity
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- To bring a ground floor execution with strategic vision
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.