Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest-growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Data is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms global trade. Our Data Services team is the operational foundation enabling Flexport to build technology applications that ultimately create value for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced leader to further develop and execute on the strategy to scale a truly best-in-class Data Services organization. In this role, you will be responsible for Data Services operations, productization and automation success. You will establish a world-class programmatic approach to optimizing workflows, fostering high productivity teams, and create end-to-end processes to enable us to scale our service delivery to all global trade stakeholders and end-customers.
You will partner with leaders and teams across all levels of the company to deliver world class quality data on a global basis.
- Develop and execute on the strategy to scale the Global Data Services function with streamlined processes
- Define the roadmap to execute on the company vision by setting and aligning priorities and goals with business and technology leaders to achieve service quality and efficiency targets
- Build and lead global high performing teams comprised of directors, managers, program managers, leads and associates
- Lead Data Services program management to design the blueprint for global operations and productization
- Establish and run performance indicators to measure efficacy, efficiency, and value creation impact across all Data Services related teams
- Oversee the transfer and ingestion of workflows to generate streamlined processes, implement tooling to support data quality and partner with product teams to push for automation
- Lead internal communication rhythms to effectively provide updates of progress, performance, key issues, and blockers that may impact business attainment or critical program and project completion
- Scale Data Services operations and service model across global markets
- Set the market standard for process efficacy, cost and quality
You should have:
- 15+ years of experience in shared services and document digitization operational leadership roles in the supply chain, logistics or related industries
- The ability to design, develop, and implement a visionary operating roadmap (process and automation) for a global, complex business
- The ability to move from abstract to practical and strategic to tactical - with the experience to operate at scale and scrappy/nimble to deliver high impact quick wins
- A deep appreciation for service and operationally heavy environments, as well as an appreciation for the people that power the operations.
- The ability to build programs with both the EQ and IQ necessary to unlock the potential of the individuals and the organization
- A hyper collaborative working style and and ability to drive a strategy, plan, and a team with conviction and urgency
- Excellent communication skills - you like to keep things simple
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.