We are looking for rockstar operations leaders to reach the next orbit. As a Program Manager in our team, you will lead the highest-impact projects in the company. You will work on issues spanning from understanding what drives value for our customers to fixing operations problems at the root to setting the agenda for our engineering team. You will work on global projects spanning multiple teams and business units, and interact with stakeholders on all levels and across the whole company. In your role, you will design the work experience for Flexporters for the years to come.
What you'll do:
- Manage programs and projects independently from start to finish (define the mission, build a plan, drive execution, manage stakeholders, remove roadblocks, deliver results)
- Work with global Flexport leaders across multiple teams to develop strategies, break them down into "doable chunks", and execute successfully
- Analyse complex data sets (e.g. operational metrics) to drive insights; identify key business drivers; prioritise issues to be solved
- Identify areas where operational teams can improve efficiency and then redesign those processes within or across workstations
- Quickly become an expert for all topics you own; become a thought leader for Flexport in one or more areas of expertise; guide the leadership team in making decisions
- Learn, apply, teach, and promote operational excellence principles and tools
- Work closely with tech product teams to drive the product vision for topics you own
- Scale yourself through others: engage other Flexporters in problem solving and project execution, build productive relationships, resolve conflicts constructively, mentor teammates
- Find creative solutions for issues; help other Flexporters use their creativity; drive playful solution of issues
- Look beyond symptoms; identify root causes; build scalable solutions - to the problem stays fixed
- Help weave the fabric of Flexport through working across teams, geographies, and topics
- Work hard, have fun, make history
You should have:
- At least 6 years of working experience, of which at least 4 years in consulting, business operations or project management, preferably in the logistics or software development industry or in a fast growing tech startup
- An obsession with client happiness
- Curiosity, creativity and great problem solving skills
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to build strong relationships and to influence without authority
- Program management skills (set goals, manage delivery, create and measure impact)
- The ability to prioritise strongly
- Strong analytical skills, ability to handle data effectively; system-oriented thinking and end-to-end view of processes
- Strategic vision coupled with ground floor execution; energy, grit, and a little stubbornness to ensure the rubber actually hits the road
- The ability to lead and motivate a team of highly motivated, high performing individuals
- Be a self-starter, tolerance for ambiguity, willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to travel
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.