Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Warehouse Manager for Flexport in the New York Metro area to join our growing team to manage all aspects related to our local warehousing sites. Salivating at the thought of building relationships while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
- Serve as the face of Flexport for our clients - you succeed when they do;
- Implement and drive process strategies and improvements for all warehouse operations and freight movements;
- Help source and setup long-term warehousing footprint that you will eventually oversee;
- Assist in developing and utilizing proprietary software across the Flexport warehouse network;
- Work closely with Flexport global operations teams and serve as local escalation focal point for clients and partners;
- Continuously identify and execute on logistics and supply chain solutions focused on user experience and customer outcomes;
- Hire, train, and develop warehouse floor staff;
- Ensure compliance with appropriate governmental regulations and company policies.
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree;
- 5 years of prior experience in Logistics, Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain or Consulting;
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.