Grow the Flexport Capital business
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Each of these customers faces significant working capital burdens that hamper their ability to grow their businesses. Over the past two years, Flexport Capital has provided over $250 million in loans to Flexport customers to address these needs. As a start-up within a start-up, we’re developing unique fintech products that leverage the resources and data of Flexport’s platform for global trade.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and financially savvy individual to join our tight-knit team. They will own sourcing, prospecting, and deal generation and serve as a financial consultant to Flexport clients that are looking to leverage Flexport Capital for their working capital needs. Due to the early-stage nature of the Flexport Capital business, they will also have a key role leading and executing cross-functional strategic projects related to growth strategy and sales operations.
- Execute outbound sourcing and prospecting initiatives in order to drive lending deal flow for Business Development leads
- Support Sales and Client Solutions teams to cross-sell Flexport Capital products to existing Flexport customs customers
- Provide regular updates to leadership on sales performance and pipeline data
- Support strategic projects across product, sales, and capital markets partnerships
You Should Have:
- 2-4 years in sales / sales development for a financial services and/or technology company
- Demonstrated passion for financial technology and the future of embedded financial services
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and internal stakeholders
- Proven success building and maintaining long-term commercial relationships
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborate across business lines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting to C-level executives
- Familiarity with financial statements and working capital
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS required; undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance strongly preferred
- Strong technical skills – Excel required, SQL a plus
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.