The People Business Partner, Denmark & Germany serves as a liaison between central People teams, People leadership, and the business line to assess organisational needs across talent management, performance management, compensation, career development, and manager capability. The successful leader will dig deep to understand the business, earn trust across key stakeholders and partners, prioritise in a fast-paced environment, and drive people mechanisms with both accuracy and efficiency. This individual will need to demonstrate flexible and effective communication skills, both high-level strategic thinking and operational planning ability, empathy, and inclusion.
- Be a member of the European People team, and provide HR support across the regions and client group in areas including organisational design, performance management, leadership development, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, and employee relations
- Provide frontline support to leaders and employees, acting as a one-stop contact for all strategies related to people in your assigned functional teams, managing both big ideas and some tiny tasks
- Develop relationships with leaders ,employees and peers across the offices to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent
- Demonstrate understanding of business needs and trends to help drive the business forward
- Consult with leaders to help them navigate through employee issues so they understand the different risks and benefits of different scenarios to make the best decision possible for the organisation
- Contribute to the Employee Experience and help us champion our Flexport culture
- Partner with the global People community to support global workforce
- Lead high impact projects with on-time delivery, measurable outcomes and impact, and robust communication/change management
You should have:
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience, with several years in a HR / People Business Partner role or equivalent
- A passion for people. You should be smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people.
- Must be fluent in Germany, additional fluency in Danish a big plus
- Demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management
- A people centric and "roll up your sleeves and get it done" work style
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion - maintain confidentiality
- An approachable and calm demeanour: Your presence is reassuring and you can help people accomplish what is required by the business. You aren't afraid to weigh the options, influence decision-making, and make recommendations. You accept change and are resilient, adapting to meet the nuanced needs of various partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels
- The ability to engage, inspire and influence people across diverse groups and levels
- You will work in a beautiful office in Hamburg's city centre with state of the art equipment and first-class connections to public transport
- You can expect a varied job in a motivated and friendly team with many opportunities to contribute your own ideas
- We are a family-friendly company and offer you flexible working hours and the possibility of up to 60% home office
- We invest in your personal and professional development within the framework of a wide range of further training opportunities
- In addition, you can look forward to regular team events and a lot of fun besides work
- And yes, we also have a foosball table, a playstation and we provide drinks, lunch, fresh fruit and snacks for free
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport centre stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.