Are you looking for the opportunity to make an immediate impact on a global, trillion dollar industry? If so then Flexport might be the place for you. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier -and more efficient- for everyone. We are revolutionizing an industry that touches every person on Earth, every day. This means solving some of the world’s most complex challenges, while our company grows at a breakneck speed.
We’re looking for a talented, experienced Group Product Manager to lead several high-performing teams: Quoting, Catalog, Pricing, and Invoicing. You will drive the product strategy end-to-end, building cutting-edge products to ensure that customers receive the right product, at the right time, at the right price. Simply put, we believe that working with Flexport should be fast, simple, and error-free from start to finish. You’ll make sure the final step is perfect.
The ideal candidate brings strong business acumen and curiosity to a complex domain and strives to make the most intelligent products ever built in the industry. As Group Product Manager, you’ll need to drive alignment across a complex landscape with data and be open to learn from and teach industry veterans. You’ll get the chance to work on products that are both zero to one and maturing with thousands of users.
What you'll do:
- Be the voice of your team, communicating feature releases and multi-year vision to company executives and stakeholders
- Develop a customer-first product vision, strategy and roadmap to create a seamless process from point of contract procurement through billing and payment
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding the market and competitive landscape to solve real problems with technology
- Develop and automate a world- class “quote to cash” experience, with a diverse set of business, transportation, operations, and finance stakeholders.
- Inspire, develop, and manage a top-tier team of PM talent, while continuing to recruit to build our product capabilities.
- Dive into the data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Establish and continuously improve Flexport’s product processes
What you'll need:
- 3+ years experience managing a team of Product Managers and large cross functional product development groups
- 8+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably within both startup and complex environments
- Crystal clear written, spoken, and presentation skills, with a bias toward over-communication and inclusivity
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and ability to relentlessly prioritize and focus on key deliverables
- Experience crafting long term vision and quarterly roadmaps from market insights and customer research
- Ability to manage a highly complex set of products in a rapidly changing domain
- Business acumen with curiosity to learn and become an expert on a complex product
- Proven experience transforming independent products into a cohesive platform
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.