Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to fill the gap. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs.
We are on the Credit team and our key accountabilities include: develop long-term customer relationships, minimize credit losses and protect working capital. We're looking for a Credit & Performance Analyst and this new position will help assess the creditworthiness of new clients and manage risk across our existing portfolio by designing more efficient processes, improving our data, reporting, and analytics by delivering through technology. This individual will be responsible for analyzing credit data, financial information, and customers’ payment history to make sound business judgments. The Credit and Performance Analyst will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with different teams across the organization (Sales, Ops, Credit, Finance, Legal, Customs, etc.) and will assist in several key projects related to credit risk processes, model development, cash forecasting and liquidity management.
You will support the following pillars that are critical to the success of the role:
- a) Process efficiency
- b) Data analytics, management and reporting
What you’ll do:
- You will help build a Credit platform within Core, as well as dashboards/monitoring systems and tools for predictive measuring
- You will proactively monitor AR aging and outline appropriate action items to lower our exposure, create and maintain internal trackers (e.g. payment plans, credit terms outliers) and flag high risk clients
- You will assist with development of cash forecast and monthly tracking to projections to support Treasury operations and funding movements
- You will assist the credit team with analyzing incoming credit requests to ensure the proper documentation is provided and qualifications met
- You will assist with credit block releases by following the parameters outlined in our Corporate Credit Policy
- Work on project specific requirements as assigned by the management
What you’ll need
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in data analytics and forecasting
- Familiar with financial statement analysis (balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements)
- Strong analytical skills and financial modeling experience
- A solid understanding of Flexport’s business model and products
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to interpret data and present to the key stakeholders
- Self-motivated and ability to manage multiple tasks
- You are proficient in Netsuite, G Suite, Microsoft Excel and SQL/Looker
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.