Help us scale up our Finance Team in Europe.
We’re looking to hire an Accounts Receivable Associate with a positive attitude and a desire to help strengthen our billing and collections process to support our rapid growth in EMEA on our Amsterdam-based Finance team. It’s a hands-on role where the successful candidate will be responsible for reducing accounts receivable delinquency and resolving customer billing issues.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively communicate with customers for outstanding invoices, any AR inquiries and reconciliation matters
- Ensure accurate payment allocation and minimal unallocated cash entries on a daily basis
- Analyze delinquent accounts, prepare weekly reports on high risk accounts and make resolution recommendations
- Monitor credit exposure and performance of AR aging to facilitate proactive management of risks
- Work with our operations and sales teams to resolve billing issues
- Maintain and enforce AR policies and procedures
- Assist with financial reporting and month-end closing process
- Assist with projects and other ad hoc accounting duties as required
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related discipline required
- 1+ years of experience in Accounts Receivable role required
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Comfortable managing large amounts of data with heavy reconciliation skills
- Focus on continuous improvements. Seeing something broken - fix it!
- Proven ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Business fluent in English (oral and written)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Don’t worry, you won’t need to become the world’s expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). We’ll look to you to apply your deep understanding of our key audiences, the funnel, and how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are.
It’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.