We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As part of our recent growth, we’re looking to hire a Benefits Analyst as part of our Total Rewards team. This role will be an integral member of the Total Rewards team, helping to ensure our benefits programs function effectively and recommending process improvements.
- Administer global health and welfare benefits, including leaves of absence
- Administer 401(k) plan, including interacting with external advisor
- Serve as primary relationship owner with our benefits providers, broker and consultants
- Support the US open enrollment process
- Partner with People Business Partners, Finance, Talent Acquisition and other parts of the business to provide insight and guidance related to benefit programs for our people and candidates
- Partner with Payroll for ongoing program audits (401k, HSA, FSA, etc.)
- Participate in the annual benefits renewal process
- Assist in creating benefits/leave training and communications content
- Manage escalations of employee benefits questions and issues
- Audit benefits invoices for accuracy and submit for payment
- Ensure all benefit plan compliance requirements are met and all required filings and notices are completed in a timely manner
You should have:
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with benefits best practices and compliance requirements
- Strong knowledge of FMLA, ADA, PPACA, and federal and state laws regarding benefits (e.g., ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Adept at managing multiple tasks concurrently (planned and unplanned)
- Attention to detail
- Experience with California benefits required; experience with global benefits preferred
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.