As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Dangerous Goods Program Associate to join our expanding Global DG Team in APAC. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely not only with our forwarding and customs partners but also with different teams across the logistics industry to achieve DG compliant practices across each business operation at Flexport.
You’ll be joining a start-up within a start-up. As Flexport continues to scale with new trade lanes and business units, The DG team is looking for someone to tap into their creative potential to initiate projects that streamline operations, lower our compliance risk, and/or create new ways of generating revenue using compliance!
What you’ll do:
- Become an expert in supply chain solutions and DG compliance to provide professional services to external customers and internal employees;
- Liaises with cross-functional teams (e.g. internal warehousing teams, ocean carriers, regulatory agencies, global freight partners) to establish business relationships required to optimize our client’s supply chains;
- Manage the outsourcing of such activities as listed above to our contingent workers in Manila;
- Develop software feature requests for the Technology org to further enhance our platform’s ability to enforce DG compliance and other ways to mitigate Flexport’s risk for regulatory fines or accidents;
- Collaborate with marketing to conduct webinars and other campaigns to increase DG services sign-ups from Flexport.com/services/dangerous-goods;
- Work closely with our global supply chain partners, providing enablement and KPI management to ensure world-class service is provided to our customers;
- Learn the art of training design, video editing, and course production skills to digitize training content into online learning management systems for self-guided training;
- Lead shipper/consignee DG consultation calls, promoting best practice and service!
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with 1-2 years of professional logistics, supply chain, project/program management, or consulting experience;
- 1-2 years of DG cargo handling/processing experience and/or 3-4 years experience in program development for Senior role consideration;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently;
- Strong ability to build relationships with external and internal departments;
- Ability to create data-driven insights that inform decisions and process improvements;
- Prior experience managing programs and initiatives from end to end;
- Solid relationship building and performance management skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Execute end to end with world class follow through;
- Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule;
- A system and process oriented mindset;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it