Be a part of the Workplace team to help Flexport grow
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
To keep up with our growth, we’re looking for a smart and passionate Workplace Associate for our growing Workplace team to help in building and scaling business expansion projects. Keep reading!
- Manage offices and/or warehouses as they come online in your territory.
- Accountable for the control of office expenses and quality of office supplies and services within the responsible office
- Accountable for addressing escalated requests and feedbacks about the workplace services
- Accountable for performance and development for workplace teammates, if any
- Partner with the Regional Head of Real Estate & Workplace on new office location set up and opening.
- Support strategies and events to keep employees active and engaged in Flexport culture
- Communicate with building management assuring the office operates within building rules and regulations.
- Manage multiple Workplace related projects within budget, timeline and quality expectations
- Manage space planning efforts and all internal office moves.
- Prioritize and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results
- Keep the office in compliance with monthly audits and hold the team accountable to a high standard of security for employee safety.
- Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or results are not met
- Oversee the bigger picture in regards to internal communications and event coordination
You should have:
- Maintain an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards integrity and ethics
- A BS/BA degree is and/or comparable experience required.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and build trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances within a matrix, internal and external organization
- Proven SLA in providing customers with desired products, services, and experiences that builds their trust and confidence
- Capable of planning for and ensuring others have the information, resources, implementation time, and staffing needed to accomplish business initiatives
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals
- Demonstrated creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of building systems and facilities management
- Strong desire to update knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities
- Must be fluent in German
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.