Build the products to help revolutionize global trade!
We’re looking for a Product Manager to own Financial Products at Flexport. At Flexport we seek to make trade easy for everyone — whether it’s through facilitating the movement of physical goods or the movement of money. This latter piece is what you’ll own. We are building products to allow buyers and sellers of goods to easily pay one another, to expand customers’ access to capital through lending options, and to help customers easily and cost effectively insure their expensive products as they travel around the world. Come join a high velocity, entrepreneurial team that sits within our larger Trade and Financial Services organization and help us disrupt global trade!
- Drive the success of Financial Products at Flexport
- Own our Loans (aka “Capital”), Payments, and Insurance products
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, operations specialists, and data partners to define a shared product vision, strategy, and roadmap, and then make it a reality
- Understand customer use cases, define clear product requirements, and work with our designers and engineers to build impactful solutions
- Manage stakeholders to align cross function resources to deliver business value
- Dive deep into the challenging and exciting freight fintech world
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPIs, and can methodically ship products that move the needle
- Technical competence – you understand what it takes to build software systems (you don’t need to be able to code)
- Empathy for end users - partner with our design team to craft intuitive workflows that enable our customers to do more and improve their satisfaction
- Great communication - You are able to communicate effectively, write clear product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- A strong sense of ownership - You drive the success of the business, collaborating effectively across the entire company to resolve dependencies and lift roadblocks. Passion, curiosity, and willingness to face challenges and solve problems
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience building financial products
- Experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Developed products with a global audience
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.