Help solve some of Flexport's biggest challenges
We are looking to hire an Associate to join our Global Business Operations and Excellence team in North America. The team’s mission is to empower Flexport to achieve comprehensive business plans and systematically improve our unit economics. In this role you will tackle challenging business problems with a focus on developing tools, improving processes, and enhancing systems to help with Flexport’s mission of making global trade easier. be responsible for digitizing and delivering Flexports services, manage the launch of new pricing initiatives and drive continuous improvement for pricing tools and processes. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally across many groups including Procurement, Engineering & Product, Sales,Finance, and Operations.
- Work on developing pricing systems and processes, operate them to maintain and expand Flexport’s services and associated pricing data.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business requirements, develop processes, and project manage the launch of key pricing initiatives including Account Implementation, roll-out of new service offerings, and price changes
- Create tools and dashboards, analyze data, generate insights, and drive actions to improve performance on KPIs for data quality, efficiency, and other commercial objectives
- Provide pricing related support to demand and supply users including the triage and resolution of JIRA tickets. Analyze trends, identify root causes and develop solutions.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams on the development of Flexport’s marketplace and product strategy, and roadmap, by helping with defining requirements, providing input on workflows, and participating in testing and rollout.
You should have:
- 1-3 years experience in business operations, analytics or an operations role.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate large datasets in spreadsheets. SQL fluency preferred
- Strong stakeholder management skills, managing project timelines and deliverables effectively.
Detail oriented with a focus on high quality of work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present quantitative concepts
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and a passion for continuous improvement
- Experience in freight, transportation, retail, or manufacturing industry is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office or Google apps
- Experience using a scripting language like Python or R is a plus
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.