Design the products that power global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, The Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to create tools that simplify intricate workflows and direct users’ attention to what matters. This individual enjoys complex design challenges and driving clarity from ambiguity. Senior Product Designers are key stakeholders in the product development lifecycle, from collaborating with cross-functional partners and formulating the product vision to ensuring high-quality implementation. To be successful, Senior Product Designers must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, communicate clearly, and consistently balance user and business needs. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
We are looking for 2 Senior Product Designers for our Customs and Marketplace teams in Amsterdam!
Marketplace is one of the most critical components that lay the foundation for a global trade platform. Our team builds products that ensure seamless procure to pay and quote to cash processes. We work with numerous user groups and business units to drive cross-functional initiatives. As a Sr. Product Designer on the Marketplace team, you will drive the end-to-end user experience across many functions and multiple tools. You’ll craft products that enable us to create the best processes and strategies for procurement, pricing, sales, and financial purposes.
Customs is one of the most critical components that lay the foundation for a global trade platform. In our team you will focus on understanding the project needs, setting the design vision, and providing tactical design deliverables for local projects, starting with EU Customs workflows and workspaces. You will collaborate with the local PM and Eng team and align with the global Design and Research team to establish a user-centric approach to our product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to shape product design vision and strategy in your product area.
- Create high quality designs while informing the design process.
- Incorporate and recommend ways to extend Flexport’s design system.
- Conduct user research and gather insights.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts.
- Present work in a range of fidelities.
- Provide mentorship to more junior designers.
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries of UX quality.
You should have:
- 5+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating multiple successfully launched products. Please include a link and password to your portfolio.
- Ability to clearly articulate your work and rationale while advocating for UX.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods.
- Experience working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and vision.
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction Design, or related field is preferred.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.