Build the programs to help Flexport grow
The Ecosystem team’s mission is to enable 100% automation in global trade by building robust data integrations between Flexport’s core platform and our customer, supplier, and carrier systems.
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform using modern software to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
With offices on three continents, we help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving goods between any two places on the planet. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We are looking for a talented Solutions Architect to join our team! In this role you will work closely with Flexport customers, carriers and partners to design integration solutions to remove manual processes and workflows from the supply chain.
- Develop data integration expertise in the logistics space and a deep understanding of Flexport’s capabilities.
- Lead data integrations with 3rd parties including customers, carriers and partners from scoping and requirements gathering through SIT, UAT and go-live.
- Document requirements, high-level design, functional use-cases and test scenarios for integrated solutions and solicit sign-off from customers.
- Provide consultative guidance to customers using Flexport’s public-facing APIs.
- Develop collateral, best practices and reusable integration for use across customers.
- Manage the integration request intake funnel for your region in partnership with your manager.
- Provide pre-sales support on integration capabilities to the Sales team and prospects in your region.
- Collaborate with Sales, Client Solutions, Product Management and Engineering to create feedback loops from our customers to improve our product and integration capabilities.
You should have:
- 5+ years software or technology experience in a post-sales Solutions Architect or similar role delivering integration solutions to enterprise customers.
- Practical experience using REST APIs.
- Familiarity with transmission protocols (FTP, SFTP, AS2, etc.), payload / file formats (JSON, XML, delimited files, etc.) and ETL concepts.
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills, comfortable presenting to both technical and executive audiences of all levels, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, related fields or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%).
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in logistics and/or global trade.
- Practical experience with EDI X12 and EDIFACT.
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions with enterprise integration platforms such as Dell Boomi or similar.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.