Help streamline client’s customs processes
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for an Associate to join our Customs Team in London. This is a great position for hard-working, detail-oriented professionals looking to develop further their professional career. You'll be working alongside and learning from some of the smartest people in the industry as we challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
The Global Customs team is focused on building automation through technology and ensuring that clients stay compliant - from strategy to execution - to support and fuel our exciting growth plans.
- Digitally prepare and file all documentation required for goods to clear UK customs for high profile clients.
- Review and organize incoming documents to ensure compliance with UK Customs
- Enter commercial product information into our customs software with speed, consistency and accuracy.
- Support your operations and sales teams on customs related topics such as product classifications, clarifying information on customs docs, pre-calculating duties & taxes, etc.
You should have:
- 1-3 years experience in customs, preferably at a customs agency, freight forwarder or trade compliance firm in the UK market.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- Most importantly, a can-do attitude. See something broken? Fix it.
- Proficiency in English is a must, Dutch / German language a bonus.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.