Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Flexport has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. Finance is central to Flexport’s success - creating transparency of company’s performance, financials, risks and internal controls, and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Staff Accountant with this mission. You will prepare reconciliations and perform other ad hoc tasks. This person will operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the accounting and finance teams in order to prepare complete, accurate, and timely reconciliations and journal entries.
- Partner with Senior Accountants on tasks and action items.
- Have a focus on analysis and reconciliations.
- Work cross functionally with other finance departments.
- Ask questions to expand knowledge and understanding.
- Provide timely updates regarding work load and status regarding deadlines.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting
- CPA license (active or inactive) or plan to sit for the exam preferred
- 1-3 years of working experience
- Strong acumen for detail and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to build strong, cohesive relationships within the team
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.