Help us run and improve our finance.
Flexport is looking to hire a Senior Accounting Analyst on the Cost Accounting team. This is a crucial role that will have ownership in overseeing accounting for cost of sales in a fast-paced, pre-IPO environment. In this role, you will drive month-end close, shape key accounting processes, and work on strategic projects as the business continues to expand globally. You will improve the efficiency of close processes, work cross-functionally to develop and enhance business systems and processes, and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire organization.
- Own the month-end close process, including the preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations for cost of sales and related balance sheet accounts
- Analyze large amounts of data to summarize cost of sales activity and report on results, identify issues, risks, trends, and make recommendations
- Perform monthly and quarterly gross margin fluctuation analysis, metrics reporting, and other ad hoc analysis as requested
- Develop, document, and implement policies and procedures that drive efficiency across the business
- Assist in the preparation of schedules for our external auditors during annual audits
- Own critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new systems
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of Accounting and Finance experience
- 2-4 years of Cost Accounting experience
- Looker and/or SQL experience is a plus
- Tech and/or logistics industry experience is a plus
- Ability to work cross functionally on a daily basis
- Familiarity with large sets of data
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply principles of accounting in a business environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.