Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. In 2020 we moved to aggressively expand into North America Exports, and now we’re doubling down to accelerate this incredible growth. We’re looking for driven and intellectually curious Account Executives to tackle this new service offering and take on the opportunity of building this segment from the ground up.
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their Export needs.
- Present Flexport’s product and service with the ability to sell the value of technology in the logistics industry.
- Generate a healthy pipeline through cold calling, trade shows, networking and other creative methods.
- Acquire new clients and facilitate their continuous growth through remote and in-person meetings.
- Maintain a structured approach to pricing and bid delivery in a continuous service, highly competitive environment.
- Understand and be able to effectively navigate a dynamic sales environment with a client-base consisting of multinational trading companies who have conducted business in centuries-old commodity markets.
- Partner with a Global Operations team to drive client success and revenue generation.
- Help build out a sales and operations playbook we can replicate for future expansion.
You should have:
- 5+ years in sales for freight forwarding or logistics, and/or commodity goods trading or shipping, with a focus on the US export market.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Solid knowledge of freight forwarding principles with a strategic and consultative mindset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, with a strong phone and in-person presence.
- Strong prospecting skills.
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy.
- To be a self-starter who can solve problems and take on new processes – you’re excited about the idea of building something.
- A team mindset, you’ll be working collaboratively across many different teams within the organization to build the foundations of this segment.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.